Suspect sought in attempted robbery at Dollar General | Crime
The Richland County Sheriff's Department is asking for the community's assistance in identifying a man they say attempted to rob a Dollar General.
Deputies say just before 6:30 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 27, officers responded to an armed robbery at Dollar General located at 9211 Two Notch Road.
The victim told deputies that a man entered the business and pretended to buy an item, then pointed a handgun at the employee and demanded money, the report stated.
Deputies say a customer who witnessed the robbery, ran out the back door setting off the alarm causing the suspect to flee the business without getting any cash.
Investigators say they’re looking into the possible connection of similar robberies of commercial businesses.
If you recognize this suspect or have any information about this crime, you are urged to contact Crimestoppers at 1-888-CRIME-SC.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations