Sheriff: Man arrested for failing to pay child support | Crime
The Richland County Sheriff’s Department arrested a man they say was wanted for failure to pay child support, and three counts of fraudulent checks.
Deputies say they arrested 42-year-old Ronald Nelson Bonnett just after 8:00 p.m. on Wednesday after narcotics agents stopped his vehicle for a traffic violation at Fairfield and Buckner Roads.
Upon further investigation, officers discovered that Bonnett, and one of the passengers inside the vehicle was wanted for failure to pay over $40,000.00 in child support, and had three fraudulent check charges, the report stated.
Sheriff Leon Lott states that the children are the true victims when people disregard court orders to pay child support. Sheriff Lott adds that anyone wanted for failure to pay child support should turn themselves in to the Richland County Sheriff's Department Warrant Division located at 1400 Huger Street or call 576-2392.
Bonnett was transported to the Alvin S. Glenn Detention Center.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations