Flashmob performs to raise awareness on violence against women | Community Spirit
If you’re planning on taking your sweetie out for a Valentine’s Day meal in the downtown area Thursday, don’t be surprised if you see a mob of folks moving the earth in front of the Statehouse.
One Billion Rising is planning a flashmob dance on the north lawn of the Statehouse facing Gervais St, on Valentine’s Day, from noon to 12:30 p.m.
One billion rising is a campaign to build awareness.
They’re inviting women and those who love them to walk out, dance, rise up, and demand an end to violence against women.
For more info you can visit their website- onebillionrising.org.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Last Chance to Register for OMG of Homeownership Workshop
- Report: 75 gallons of fuel stolen from parked truck
- City Of Columbia Office of Business Opportunities to Host Social Media Workshops
- City of Cayce Opens the Third Phase of the Cayce Riverwalk Park
- West Columbia officer shoots, kills man with gun
- A.C. Flora team headed to Washington for national JROTC competition
- Police: Unknown man chased group of kids near elementary school
- Police seek witnesses, vehicle after mysterious hit-and-run
- Forest Acres voters select two city council members
- Crime victim uses app to track stolen phone, leads to arrest