Flashmob performs to raise awareness on violence against women | Community Spirit
If you’re planning on taking your sweetie out for a Valentine’s Day meal in the downtown area Thursday, don’t be surprised if you see a mob of folks moving the earth in front of the Statehouse.
One Billion Rising is planning a flashmob dance on the north lawn of the Statehouse facing Gervais St, on Valentine’s Day, from noon to 12:30 p.m.
One billion rising is a campaign to build awareness.
They’re inviting women and those who love them to walk out, dance, rise up, and demand an end to violence against women.
For more info you can visit their website- onebillionrising.org.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations