RCSD seeks support for Santa Project | Community Spirit
Sheriff Leon Lott announced on Monday the Richland County Sheriff’s Department Project HOPE (Helping Our Precious Elderly), has once again teamed up with the Home Instead Senior Care®, Chick-fil-A, and Pink Sorbet to provide gifts to seniors who otherwise might not receive a gift during this holiday season.
Sheriff Leon Lott stated that anyone can stop by and take an ornament from the tree. When you return the gift to Chick-fil-A (229 Bush River Road) or Pink Sorbet (2726 Devine Street), please leave it unwrapped and attach the ornament that displays the senior’s name. Volunteers will then collect the unwrapped gifts, wrap them on December 9th, and deliver the gifts to area seniors on December 12th.
Sheriff Leon Lott will team up with Rene Kilburn, Senior Care® at 1931 Pineview Road, Richland County Sheriff’s Department Victim Services for a press conference at 2:00 PM on Wednesday, December 11, 2012 for a kick off to delivery. For more information about the program, call 803-736-4242 or log on to www.beasantatoasenior.com
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations