City Partners support the Martin Luther King, Jr. Honor the Dream Food Drive | Community Spirit
Harvest Hope donation boxes will soon be popping up across the city as the City of Columbia, Richland One School District and the Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Foundation kick off their annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Honor the Dream Food Drive.
The public is invited to drop off their non-perishable food items beginning Monday, November 26, 2012 at the following locations:
- City Hall, 1737 Main Street
- Charles R. Drew Wellness Center, 2101 Walker Solomon Way
- City Water Customer Service, Washington Square, 1339 Main Street
- City Human Resources Office, 1225 Lady Street
- James E. Clyburn Golf Center, 2091 Slighs Avenue
- Columbia Tennis Center, 1635 Whaley Street
- All City Parks and Recreation Community Centers - please see attached or visit www.columbiaparksandrec.net.
Donations will be accepted throughout the holiday season, ending on January 11, 2013.
The food drive is held annually to honor the Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s legacy of community service and helping others. Donations will aide those in need in and around the Midlands.
For more information on the food drive, contact City of Columbia Parks and Recreation at (803) 545-3100.