Local physicians showcase musical talents to benefit The Free Medical Clinic | Community Spirit
The Free Medical Clinic in Columbia will host The Doctors Lounge on Thursday, Nov. 15, 2012 at 7 p.m. at the Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center. This annual event is the largest fundraiser of the year for The Free Medical Clinic and features local physicians who are also musicians.
“The Doctors Lounge is a chance for people in the community to come together to have some fun, enjoy great food and entertainment, all while helping The Free Medical Clinic to meet the medical needs of people in our community who need it most,” said Dennis Coker, executive director of The Free Medical Clinic.
This year’s event will feature musical entertainment ranging from bluegrass to jazz performed by the following local physicians:
- Dr. Stacy Smithson, Lake Murray OB/GYN
- Dr. James Knight, Critical Care Systems, Inc.
- Dr. Joey Evans, Chapin Family Practice
- Dr. Balbhir Minhas , Midlands Gastroenterology
- Dr. Tom Edmunds, Capitol Urology
- Dr. Timothy D. Malone, Columbia Psychiatric Associates
- Dr. Howard Lifland, Columbia Nephrology
- Dr. J.E. Carnes, The SC Neurological Clinic, P.A.
- Dr. Brooks Mays, Endocrinology at Pinehurst Medical Clinic, Inc.
- Dr. Beau Thompson, Lexington Women’s Care
- Dr. Erik Crook, Columbia Medical Group
- Dr. Mark Mayson, Palmetto Pulmonology
- Dr. Jarrott Moore, ColoRectal Associates
- Dr. Brad Word, Columbia Medical Group, P.A.
There will be a silent auction, hors d’oeuvres and an open bar.
Tickets are now available online at www.doctorslounge.eventbrite.com. Cost is $40 in advance, $50 at the door and all proceeds benefit The Free Medical Clinic.