City Of Columbia Honors Veterans From Across The State | Community Spirit
Celebrate Veteran’s Day with the City of Columbia at the 34th Annual Veteran’s Day Parade in downtown Columbia on Monday, November 12, 2012.
Vietnam Veterans from across the state will lead some seventy plus units when the parade kicks off at 11:00 a.m. City officials note that some 100 veterans from the Wounded Warrior Project will be in attendance. The parade will begin at the intersection of Sumter and Laurel Streets and travel northbound on Sumter Street, ending at Pendleton Street near the State House. A special recognition ceremony, hosted by the Columbia Chamber of Commerce, will take place just prior to the start of the parade at the corner of Washington and Sumter Streets at 10:30 a.m.
Free parking will be offered by the City of Columbia at the Sumter Street parking garage until 3:00 p.m.
The Veteran’s Day Parade is hosted by City of Columbia Parks and Recreation and Blue Cross and Blue Shield of South Carolina.
For more information on the 2012 Veteran’s Day Parade, contact City of Columbia Parks and Recreation at (803) 545-3100.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations