Auto parts plan to expand in Richland County | Business
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) - A Japanese company that makes industrial components and parts for automobiles is expanding its plant in Richland County.
The South Carolina Commerce Department said Tuesday that JTEKT Corp. is investing an additional $130 million into its Koyo brand bearing plant. The company plans to hire 175 new workers.
The plant near Blythewood makes bearing hub units for Toyota, BMW, General Motors and other companies.
Company officials say they will begin construction on the expansion in January and hope to hire the new workers later in 2013.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations