HCF's Restoration Workshops at Woodrow Wilson Family Home | Arts & Culture
As Historic Columbia Foundation enters the final phase of rehabilitation at the Woodrow Wilson Family Home, they will be offering several workshops this spring featuring various techniques in historic preservation and restoration led by the experts doing the work at the Woodrow Wilson Family Home.
Saturday, April 13 at 10:30 am – Painting Workshop
Join master painters from Palmetto Decorators for a workshop on painting, discussing the application of faux finishes and paint schemes within the Woodrow Wilson Family Home, which was constructed in 1872.
Saturday, May 11 at 10:30 am – Landscape Design Workshop
Explore Historic Columbia’s newest garden at the Woodrow Wilson Family Home with representatives from John Milner Associates and learn some of pre-eminent 19th century designer Andrew Jackson Downing’s principles behind holistic residential and landscape design.
All workshops are held at the Woodrow Wilson Family Home at 1705 Hampton Street, Columbia, SC 29201. Cost is $10 per workshop. Registration is required and available at 803.252.1770 ext. 24 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations