Benedict College Hosts 24th Annual Harambee Festival | Arts & Culture
Benedict College will host its 24th Annual Harambee Festival on Saturday, February 23.
The event will be held from 9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. in the Benjamin E. Mays Human Resources Center Arena on the main campus.
The Harambee Festival is one of the largest college-sponsored festivals in the nation. It is an annual event for the entire family that has plenty of food, music, fun, art, and those hard-to find merchandise items. Live stage performances are scheduled throughout the day.
Health Screenings at the Harambee Festival –Benedict College Health Center- Mather Hall
Prostate Cancer Screening Sight Screening
These free health screenings are made available by the Benedict College Health Center, Palmetto Health Community Services, and the Health, Physical Education, and Recreation Department of Benedict College and Dr. Stewart Darby. For additional information call Ms. Melinda McCray at (803) 296-3461 or Dr. I. Emenike at (803) 705-4436.
Health screenings, art exhibits, and workshops are free, open to the public, and proceed throughout the day during the HARAMBEE Festival.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations