Local performers hit the stage in celebration of Black History month | Arts & Culture
City of Columbia Parks and Recreation will host its annual Black History Month Celebration on Saturday, February 9, 1 – 4:00 p.m. at Dutch Square Mall.
Some of the Midlands most gifted and talented performers will hit the stage during this event, in celebration of culture and heritage. The lineup will include African drumming and dancing, mime performances, poetry readings, re-enactments and much more. There will also be an African American art exhibit entitled “Through the Eyes of Color.”
For more information, call City of Columbia Parks and Recreation at (803) 545-3100.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations