Celebrate Valentine’s Day at the State Farmers Market | Arts & Culture
Celebrate Valentine’s Day, and the American Heart Association’s National Heart Month, at the South Carolina State Farmers Market on Feb. 9 with a fun and educational Valentine’s celebration called ‘Lovin’ the Market Pavilion’.
The day’s events will take place inside the Corbett Building from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Come see working artists and craftsmen make jewelry and demonstrate blacksmith techniques and basket weaving. There will also be cooking demonstrations and educational seminars. Visitors can learn about heart health and take part in free blood pressure screenings.
Bring the kids along for some free activities like making Valentine’s Day cards, face painting, and balloon animals. Stop in at Judy’s at the Market, also inside the Corbett Building, for breakfast or lunch and enjoy a complete, family-friendly day at the State Farmers Market.
The State Farmers Market is located at 3483 Charleston Highway in West Columbia. Keep up to date on all State Farmers Market events on Facebook or online at www.scstatefarmersmarket.com.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations