Columbia Classical Ballet LifeChance | Arts & Culture
The new year takes off with a dance event everyone looks forward to – the Columbia Classical Ballet’s LifeChance: Gala of the Stars. LifeChance brings guest artists from top dance companies around the nation, showcases the talents of company dancers and raises money for a local charity.
LifeChance takes place Saturday, Jan. 26 at 7:30 p.m. at the Koger Center in Columbia.
This year LifeChance welcomes dancers from the Boston Ballet and the Washington (DC) Ballet including Brooklyn Mack, a native of Elgin, S.C., who began his dance training with Classical Ballet artistic director Radenko Pavlovich.
The night will provide a rich offering of excerpts from classical ballets along with edgy new works. This year the event benefits the Free Medical Clinic of Columbia.
Two of the top dancers in one of the country’s best companies are returning again for LifeChance - siblings Jeffrey and Lia Cirio.Along with Brooklyn Mack, also coming from the Washington Ballet are Tamas Krizsa and Maki Onuki.
For tickets go to capitoltickets.com or call 803-251-2222
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations